Thursday, May 24, 2012

30 DAY SHRED: DAY 13/30 - SHRED & SHRINK!


WORKOUT EXPERIMENT (CONTINUED) - After a four day hiatus (compliments of some serious allergies and the day-long United We Dance Parade) I have been back on track with the shred for the last three days.  I've managed to shrink my figure down to 36-26-37 which for me is just fine and dandy.  I'm a fan of ladies sporting the hour glass figure so keeping my bust and hips broad while shrinking down my waist with the shred is my personal ideal.  Hooping down Broadway in NYC, I believe, was a fair substitution for the Shred on Saturday and the other days have been dedicated to creating space in my body and mind through yoga... so time has been well spent!


SORENESS?  NO!  STRENGTH!
Thank heaven by now I am pretty much over that whole soreness crutch.  Even my shoulders are expressing less and less disdain when it comes to doing pushups and lateral raises.  My calves laugh in the face of invisible jump roping, and my thighs scream "bring it on" with every static lunge with simultaneous bicep curl.  Jillian's right... you need to put stress on your body and eventually it will adapt.  If you are out there and you are letting how heavy, inflexible, weak, or tired your body is stop you from pushing yourself to be a better you, try this workout for a little while and learn to (literally) "kick yourself in the a$s" as Jillian puts it.  You control your body, it's your vessel... it doesn't rule you.  It takes your orders.  Put up with the complaining for a few short days and you will find it cheering you on in no time.

TODAY'S STATS: DAY 13/30
  • Height: 5'4
  • Weight: 131lbs (down 3 lbs from when I started!)
  • Thighs: 21 inches (L) | 21 inches (R)
  • Hips: 37 inches
  • Waist: 26 inches!!!
  • Bust: 36 inches
  • Biceps: 12 inches (L/R)  

THE GOOD NEWS!
The shred works.  Plain and simple.  It will make you happier, healthier, and the punching sequence can get out all the aggravation you may or may not have stored up inside you.  It's liberating.

JOIN IN ON THE CHALLENGE!
If you want to join in on the 30 Day Shred Challenge, then grab a copy at your local retailer or online and start keeping a journal of your progress!  If you're blogging about it, leave a comment with the link here!  Let's keep each other motivated!

CHECK OUT MY PROGRESS
Day 1 | Day 2 | Day 3 | Day 4

No comments:

Post a Comment