Thursday, May 10, 2012

30 DAY SHRED: DAY 3/30

WORKOUT EXPERIMENT (CONTINUED) - Welcome back, ladies and gentlemen, boys and girls!  I'm still here and kicking (quite literally) on Day #3!  Even I am surprised at my dedication to this muscular suicide mission since I spent the day closing my eyes and wincing every time I had to bend down and pick something up off the floor or attempt to walk down our escalator.  Luckily my shoulder pain gave me the day off because I definitely worked a very trying and exhausting 8+ hour shift.

Throughout the day I found myself wondering how on earth the contestants on the biggest loser so much as walk after working out on the show because I'm in pretty decent shape and still manage to walk around as if I'm wearing stilts and enormous weighted bell-bottom trousers all at once... you know what I mean... that heavy swinging action your legs make after say, you climb off one of those rapids rides whose big finale is a waterfall pouring over your head and making the rest of your day uncomfortable because you don't like the feeling of your soaking wet pants.  Yeah, that feeling.  You know exactly what I mean.  Despite all the muscular discomfort and their persuasive pleas for mercy, I spent the last 20 minutes challenging Jillian to a duel.


THE WORKOUT
Well today was interesting... still on Level 1, I knew well what I was getting myself into.  I'm pretty sure that my family and neighbors also knew when the "strength" cycles came around in the workout from my totally ridiculous outbursts of delirium from exhaustion and mild dread.  I looked forward to the jumping jacks and ab cycles where I could finally rest my poor aching biceps (and other assorted upper arm and shoulder muscles) and shake out the tension that built up with the weights in my hands.  They became my sort of celebratory dance of victory, congratulating myself for making it through in spite of my humorous protests and random "WOO!"-ing with each lateral raise.  In fact, there was a lot of "WOO!"-ing today throughout a great deal of the workout as I pressed forward through the discomfort.  In yoga, we'd call them "sensations" or "muscular epiphanies."  This was the day that I really appreciated the structure of the workout in terms of recovering from previous exercise cycles and gathering enough energy and confidence to continue.  Gotta keep on keepin' on!

HOW I'M FEELING AFTERWARD
My body is shaking enough that the mild vibration makes me feel like I'm tingling.  The "river rapid soaked" bell-bottoms feel heavier than ever and it's almost silly to watch me walk around... but I don't mind... that's progress.

TODAY'S STATS: DAY 2/30
  • Height: 5'4
  • Weight: 134lbs
  • Thighs: 21 inches (L) | 21 inches (R)
  • Hips: 38 inches
  • Waist: 27 1/2 inches!
  • Bust: 36 inches
  • Biceps: 12 inches (L/R)  

THE GOOD NEWS!
Just in case you haven't been keeping track of my daily stats, I lost half an inch in my waist!  Okay, I'm excited, that is all.  :)

JOIN IN ON THE CHALLENGE!
If you want to join in on the 30 Day Shred Challenge, then grab a copy at your local retailer or online (Barnes & Noble is selling it for $10.50 or less!) and start keeping a journal of your progress!  If you're blogging about it, leave a comment with the link here!  Let's keep each other motivated!

CHECK OUT MY PROGRESS
Day 1 | Day 2

No comments:

Post a Comment