1 Petite Baguette, Country Crock (Butter or Butter Substutute),
Fresh Basil, Fresh Garlic Cloves, Fresh Ground Black Pepper, Extra Virgin Olive Oil,
If you'd really like to make this a truly Garlic-Monster your Garlic Bread, though,
grab a container of Trader Joe's Crushed Garlic in a Jar...
it's easy to spread and will bump up your garlic flavor x10!
PREPPING & COOKING INSTRUCTIONS
(get a head start: heat your oven to 350ºF while you prep your bread)
1. Simple. Slice your bread long-ways like a hotdog bun, not fully cutting through but leaving a hinge if you can. Keep your bread open-faced and drizzle on a bit of extra virgin olive oil.
2. Scoop out your country crock (butter or butter substitute) and put it in a dish. Peel and dice your fresh cloves of garlic (I use 3-4, you can use more or less) and add to the center of the scoop of "butter." Gently mix in.
3. Spread your Garlic-Butter generously across the bread. If you want to add more garlic, do so. If you want to bump it up with the Trader Joe's Crushed Garlic, feel free to smooth that into the butter now. If you don't want to buy crushed garlic, you can also grate down your cloves and/or use a grating dish to create a smooth garlic spread.
4. Pick 4-6 leaves of fresh basil, fold them until you've made a tiny little ball, and then slice and chop the basil into small pieces. Sprinkle this fresh basil onto the bread generously, distributing it evenly.
5. Scoop a few pieces of sundried tomato out of the jar and generously distribute onto the bread, pressing into the butter slightly so the pieces really sink in.
6. Use your pepper mill to add freshly ground pepper to the entire loaf of bread.
Always pepper to taste.
7. Drizzle a tiny bit of extra virgin olive oil over the bread, then close the loaf.
8. Surround the loaf with tin foil and cook at 350ºF for 10-13 minutes.
9. Remove carefully, slice, and enjoy!
Serve this with your favorite pasta dish or enjoy it as is... but don't forget to share!