Places I love to eat. Food I can't live without. Microbrews, specialty teas, and creative culinary experiences across the country. Let this be your guide to vegan, vegetarian, lactose free, and non-vegan goodies in America's major cities and nearby suburbs!
NEW YORK CITY & BROOKLYN
- Benny's Burritos: East & West Village locations... each with their own personality and menu options. W.Vil is more generous offering $4 margaritas any day any time, free chips and salsa, and tons of burritos, quesadillas, and meals that include salads or rice and have vegan options. E.Vil has happy hour at select times with food and drink specials. (READ REVIEW | VISIT WEBSITE)
- GOBO: "Food for the five senses." Lovely little vegan restaurant with locations uptown and downtown. Great drinks, wheatgrass shots, excellent meals, generous lunch specials, and polite staff. I recommend the Five-Spice Tofu Rolls in Mango Sauce! (READ REVIEW | VISIT WEBSITE)
- Alice's Teacup: Alice in Wonderland themed spot for afternoon tea, soup, and sandwiches.
- Foodswings: Vegan fast-food like nothing you've ever experienced before... right in funky-hip Williamsburg, Brooklyn. This place is like heaven for me- I can eat everything on the menu... minus the maybe two items that have peanuts. Get the Mint-Chip "Milk"shake. I'm serious.
- Wasabi: Great little sushi place in Greenpoint with excellent prices and free unlimited hot sake with dinner... if you're into that sort of thing.
- Vinnie's Pizzaria: Regular & Vegan Options. Two locations in Brooklyn. Great vibe, friendly staff, and the most delicious vegan pizza slices I have ever tasted.
- Viva Herbals Pizzaria: Little, tiny pizza spot on 2nd Avenue (LES) with big, giant slices of regular and vegan pizza. It's Kosher, too. Fridges are stocked with different teas, fresh juices, and Kombucha to enjoy with your slice!
- Cuban Pete's:
COLORADO: BOULDER/DENVER METRO
- Wystone's World Teas: Large loose-leaf tea selection, knowledgeable staff, matcha to go, tea bar, sit-down restaurant, great soups, delicious hummus, excellent wraps, and generous portions. (READ REVIEW | VISIT WEBSITE)
- Leaf: Lovely little vegetarian restaurant with raw and vegan options right in the heart of Boulder. Eclectic food selection, extremely friendly staff, lunch specials, bread and oil offered, teas, and filling portions. (READ REVIEW | VISIT WEBSITE)
- Old Mill Brewery & Grill: Hometown steakhouse in the quaint little town of Littleton with a great view of the mountains. Tremendous portions, excellent ribs, decent list of beers brewed on site, polite service. (READ REVIEW | VISIT WEBSITE)
- Red Rocks Grill:
SAN DIEGO COUNTY
- Paper Moon: Quite the site to see...
- Veggie Heaven: Quaint chain restaurant serving Vegetarian Asian Cuisine. Locations across the country, excellent lunch specials, and delicious meat-free substitutes for your favorite Chinese Food!