The guests will be arriving in a few short hours and I've much alcohol left to find a home for. I whipped up a batch of my usual Raspberry Jello & Watermelon Vodka shots, downed a few glasses of Malibu & Orange, and made the executive decision to convert my ever-popular Hippie Juice recipe into shot-sized jello form! ...and there, in that kitchen of alcoholic bliss, Hippie Shots were born.
Traditionally my jello shot ratios are as follows:
2c (JELLO) : 4c (HOT H20) : 2c (COLD H20) : 2c (LIQUOR)
This recipe, however, was not for your ordinary jello shot...
It called for a little extra special sauce to give it a kick as strong as the original drink!
SO, WHAT'S IN HIPPIE SHOTS?
- 2 Large (8 Serving) Packages of Berry Blue Jello
- 4 Cups Boiling Water
- 1 3/4 Cups Cold Water
- 1 1/4 Cups Smirnoff Watermelon Vodka
- 1/2 Cup Malibu Coconut Rum
- 1/2 Cup Triple Sec
AND HOW, DO YOU PROPOSE, I MAKE THEM?
Get yourself a 4 cup measuring cup. It will make your life easier. While you're at it, make sure that you have tons of those little rinsing cups they use at the dentist handy. Next, make several shelves worth the room in your fridge... and freezer.
- Pour 1/2 Cup Malibu Coconut Rum into your measuring cup.
- Add 1/2 Cup Triple Sec into your measuring cup.
- Plus 1 1/4 Cups Smirnoff Watermelon Vodka.
- Top this off with 1 3/4 Cups of fresh, clean water.
- Refrigerate until you can honestly say that the mixture's adequately "chilled." (You'll know)
- While you're waiting for the mixture to chill, set up your little dixie cups in a big tray so they don't spill all over the place when you move them.
AFTER LETTING THE MIXTURE CHILL FOR A LONG WHILE...
- They'll be chilling for a few hours.
- Bring 2 Cups of water to a boil.
- Turn off the flame and move the pot to a cool burner.
- Add 2 (8 Serving) Packages of Berry Blue Jello to your pot of boiling water.
- Stir for about 2 minutes as the powder dissolves.
- Once dissolved, stir in all 4 cups of your cold mixture.
- Enough mixing! Divvy up your liquid jello into the dixie cups, filling them 3/4 way. I suggest using a ladle and holding a funnel over each cup so you don't make a blue mess of your counter... or floor.
- Carefully move the tray of liquid jello-filled cups into your refrigerator.
- Let those bad boys cool and solidify for at least 4 hours.
- Then move them into the freezer for a short time because the alcohol probably hindered their ability to solidify properly... by a short time, I mean an hour tops.
- Put them back in the refrigerator once you know they're solid.
- Don't forget to sample at least one by running your finger around the inside of the cup and then downing it. YUM!
- Share with friends!
Well boys and girls, there you have it! Feel free to do a little tweaking here and there to fit your personal taste, but always remember to enjoy nonetheless! And if you haven't tried it... please, don't deny yourself the glory that is the original HIPPIE JUICE!